WHO WE ARE
REMSMART is a subscription based ‘in the cloud’ remuneration survey platform for the mining and metals sector. The REMSMART Platform provides remuneration data to our subscribers for over 450 unique mining and metal roles for all elements of remuneration including base salary, benefits, rosters and incentive pay, at all quadrilles of the Australian market.
Our classification structure correlates to all major job evaluation systems and REMSMART’s ‘Report Writing’ Tools allows you to produce your own customized reports by for example, revenue, market capitalization, employee numbers, roster arrangements, location, gender, generational groupings, ‘Job’, ‘Grade’ and ‘Job Family. In addition, you can also produce comparative ratio reports from an internal (equity), and external market perspective.
REMUNERATION AND REWARD SERVICES
REWARD STRATEGY, POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Reward strategy design, review, policy and procedure
- Retention programs
EXECUTIVE AND BOARDROOM PAY
- Remuneration strategy review and development
- Market review and comparator group reviews
- Short and long term incentive scheme design
- Preparation of the remuneration report
REMUNERATION STRUCTURE AND PAY SCALE DESIGN
- Remuneration audits
- Development of company-wide pay structures
- Management of salary review process
INCENTIVE SCHEME DESIGN
- Executive short and long term incentive plans
- Equity based plans
- General staff incentive and annual plans
EMPLOYMENT TAX SERVICES
- Salary packaging
- Equity based schemes
- Fringe benefits Tax
- Superannuation guarantee
- Payroll Tax
- Job evaluation using the Patterson Methodology (correlates to all major grading systems)
- Design and implementation of customised job evaluation systems
- Development of Job Evaluation Policy and Procedures
- Quality assurance of job evaluation structures
VALUES AND CULTURE
- Organisational culture and climate assessment
- Culture and climate audit
- Culture change design and process facilitation
- Values alignment
- Performance Management Design
- Performance Management Audits
- Scorecard development
JOB AND COMPETENCY DESIGN
- Job analysis and design
- Development of job descriptions
- Competency based profiles and modelling
REMUNERATION AND PRODUCTIVITY ANALYTICS
- Framework based analysis focused on the effective management of labour to drive business growth, profitability and sustainability
- Labour & productivity market survey – to determine an organisations productivity profile and how it compares to peers
The team is made up of experienced remuneration consultants and technical developers to provide fast, pragmatic and cost-effective remuneration solutions to support your business needs and objectives.
Allan Feinberg ( Managing Director )
Allan is an experienced remuneration professional and has worked across many organisations and sectors that include mining and metals, construction and engineering and utilities. Previously, Allan was the founder and Managing Director of AUSREM, a boutique remuneration consulting practice that was acquired by Mercer, the Business Leader for Mercer’s Resources and Energy Practice for the Pacific Region, and State Manager for Hay Group Western Australia.
Charmaine Reay ( Operations Director )
Charmaine is an experienced remuneration consultant and has extensive experience in salary survey management and development. Previously, Charmaine was the Principal Consultant at Mercer’s Resources and Energy Practice for Australia. Prior to Mercer Charmaine was a Director at AUSREM, a boutique remuneration consulting practice that was acquired by Mercer, and Information Services Manager for Hay Group
Robert Williamson ( Chairman )
Robert Williamson, also CEO of Red River Group, is a Chartered Engineer and Fellow of Engineers Australia, and a Graduate Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors. Robert is currently a Director of several Australian companies, and Chief Operating Officer of Lodestone Mines and Toll Resources Management. Robert is Chair of Engineers Australia NCEAT, sits on the National Congress, WA Division Committee and Professional Standards Board. Robert also Chairs ITEE in WA, is an Executive Committee member of Australia China Business Council (ACBC) in WA and is Deputy Chair of the ACBC Resources sub-committee. Robert also is Chair of the Curtin University Advisory Board of AASQA – Autism Academy for Software Quality Assurance, and a member of the Autism Association WA Business Advisory Council.
Scott Yull ( Director )
Scott is the Managing Director of Classic Information Systems which provides customised ERP tailored software to the mining, exploration, oil and gas and engineering sectors.
Steven Rosewell ( Director )
Steve, CEO of MakCorp Data Resources has extensive experience in the Software industry, spanning over 25 years which includes over 10 years in the the mining sector with ICT consulting, marketing and reviews. MakCorp has developed into a global player in market intelligence for ASX & TSX/TSXV Resource companies and projects.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Access to and use of the REMSMART platform is provided by REM-SMART Pty Ltd (ACN 630 578 933) and its related entities (“REMSMART”) subject to the following terms and conditions:
- By accessing and using the REMSMART platform, you accept these terms and conditions, which take effect immediately on your first use of the REMSMART platform.
- The REMSMART platform and the information regarding or relating to it and to REMSMART, any related tools, products or services (or to third party tools, products or services) are provided without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and/or specific terms appearing elsewhere on the REMSMART platform relating to specific material, then the latter shall prevail.
- If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that term or condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, you do not have permission to access the REMSMART platform and therefore should cease using the REMSMART platform immediately.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Western Australia. Disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Western Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the laws of Western Australia.
- REMSMART reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online and on the REMSMART platform. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted by REMSMART online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of the REMSMART platform after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified by the posted changes.
- Material on the REMSMART platform may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcasted or transmitted in any way except for your own personal use and for the use of your business as agreed with REMSMART. Any other use requires the prior written permission of REMSMART. You may not adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the material contained on the REMSMART platform or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal use and for the use of your business as agreed with REMSMART.
- You agree to use the REMSMART platform only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the REMSMART platform by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may cause inconvenience or distress to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content.
- In no circumstances will REMSMART be liable for any damages including, without limitation, negligence, any direct or indirect loss consequential and economic damages or any damages whatsoever arising out of the use of or in connection with the REMSMART platform or through any person relying on anything contained or omitted from the REMSMART platform whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action.
- REMSMART does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained on the REMSMART platform will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the REMSMART platform is free of viruses or bugs. REMSMART does not warrant or represent the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the material contained on the REMSMART platform.
- The names, images and logos identifying REMSMART or third parties and their tools, products and services are proprietary marks of REMSMART and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of REMSMART or any other third party.
- Information on the REMSMART platform should not be regarded as a substitute for professional advice. REMSMART makes no warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of the information contained on the REMSMART platform (including, but not limited to, any content or information generated on the REMSMART platform by REMSMART or on behalf of REMSMART or by any third party content on the REMSMART platform).
- Any hyperlinks and pointers to websites operated by third parties on the REMSMART platform do not form part of the REMSMART platform and are not under the control of REMSMART. When you link to those websites you leave the REMSMART platform and do so entirely at your own risk. REMSMART makes no warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of information contained on any third party website and REMSMART, its related entities, directors, officers and agents disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by you through relying on anything contained on or omitted from such third party websites. A reference to any third party on the REMSMART platform does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by REMSMART.
- The REMSMART platform may contain content provided to REMSMART by third parties. REMSMART does not monitor or make inquiries about content provided to REMSMART by third parties. REMSMART is not responsible for, does not endorse and makes no representations either expressly or impliedly containing any content provided to REMSMART by third parties does not represent the views of REMSMART and you rely on content provided by a third parties completely at your own risk.
- You represent and warrant that:
(a) Your use of the REMSMART platform will comply at all times with these terms and conditions and any directions published from time to time by REMSMART on the platform or its website;
(b) You will make sure that you keep any user name and password by which you access the REMSMART platform confidential and secure at all times; and
(c) You accept all liability for any unauthorised use of any user name and password issued to you except for unauthorised use resulting from any negligent act or omission legally attributable to REMSMART.
- You agree to indemnify REMSMART and its officers, agents and employees against any and all loss, liability, claim or demand suffered by REMSMART, its officers, agents and employees arising out of the use of or in connection with the REMSMART platform.
- To the extent permitted by law, REMSMART excludes all conditions and warranties that may be implied by law. To the extent permitted by law, REMSMART’s liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition that cannot be excluded is restricted at REMSMART’s option to:
(a) The resupply of services or payment of the cost of resupply of services; or
(b) The replacement or repair of goods or payment of the cost of replacement or repair.
We are always available to discuss your needs, so please do not hesitate to contact your REMSMART (remsmart.com.au) expert. If you have questions or want more information do not hesitate to contact us per E-Mail: email@example.com or via phone from your country (English speaking support).
Our team consists of experienced compensation experts with industry and consulting background – understanding client needs from simple data picking to complex benchmarks and comprehensive reports.
Mobile: 0410 541 091
Mobile: 0418 575 725